Help Starts Here

Talbert House helps children, adults and families coping with addiction, mental health and/or involvement in the legal system to support positive growth and change.

Housing Services


The Housing service line assists transitional adults, veterans, and families who need housing and other support services provided in scattered sites and designated apartment buildings throughout the community. Talbert House offers sober independent living, shelter housing, transitional housing, supportive housing services, and permanent supportive housing and referrals.

Call today to determine if you are eligible and learn what options are available. Help is available 24/7 at (513) 338-8596.

Services provided in Brown, Butler, and Hamilton counties.

Housing Services

Sober Independent Living

Talbert House provides sober housing for men and home in Hamilton and Brown counties. These services offer peer support, community service groups, and connections to the community.

Shelter Housing

Short-term housing is available for men and women in Hamilton County with a mental health diagnosis who are receiving case management services. These services offer medication monitoring, assessment and training in daily living skills, behavior monitoring, supportive services, housing assistance, and 24-hour supervision.  Referrals must come through the Mental Health Access Point (513) 558-8888.

Transitional Housing

Parkway Center provides transitional housing for homeless men and veterans in Hamilton County and offers substance use services and case management to assist in finding permanent housing and employment. Referrals must have a homeless certificate and come through Strategies to End Homelessness (513) 381-SAFE (7233).

Returning Home Ohio (RHO) provides permanent supportive housing for men and women in Hamilton and Warren counties returning from an Ohio prison with a mental illness or HIV positive status. These services offer housing case management and connections to community supports.

See our Housing and Supportive Services Overview for additional information. 


Supportive Housing Services

Health Care for Homeless Veterans (HCHV) serves veterans and their families with shelter, food, transportation, and case management. Referrals made by Cincinnati Veterans Affairs Medical Center.

See our Housing and Supportive Services Overview for additional information. 


Permanent Supportive Housing

Permanent supportive housing for various household types are available in several neighborhoods within Cincinnati city limits. Referrals are made to Talbert Services and other scattered sites.

Shelter Plus Care serves men, women, and families with rental and housing assistance through housing subsidies and search assistance. These services offer case management for formerly homeless persons with a history of alcohol/drug problems. Referrals made by Strategies to End Homelessness (513) 381-SAFE (7233).

Supportive Services for Veterans and Families (SSVF) serves low-income families with a veteran head of household in Hamilton County. This program offers services promoting housing stability, outreach, and case management assistance in obtaining VA and other benefits.

See our Housing and Supportive Services Overview for additional information. 


Veteran's Services

Housing and treatment services are tailored to ensure the success of veterans as they reintegrate back into the community after their service to our country.  Transitional and permanent supportive housing, as well as supportive housing services, are provided to veterans in the Talbert House service area.

Learn more about these services:
Parkway Center
Health Care for Homeless Veterans (HCHV)
Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
Veterans Hotline: 281-VETS

See our Housing and Supportive Services Overview for additional information. 


Access to services
For program information or to schedule an appointment call 513-221-HELP(4357).  
In crisis or need immediate assistance 24/7 call 513-281-CARE(2273) or Text Talbert to 839863. 
In an emergency call 911.